We tapped the experts at Tilton Fitness for easy ways to keep your metabolism running at top speed.
- Park on the opposite side of the parking lot. The farther you are from your destination, the more steps you’ll have to take. Commuting via train or bus? Get off a stop early and walk.
- Do some sit-ups in the a.m. Turn on the shower and do the exercises as the water is warming up. You’ll wake up faster and be stronger.
- Knock out some push-ups on the sink. The bathroom workout continues.
- Go for a walk on your lunch break. You’ll log extra cardio, but the time spent outside can help you feel reenergized too.
- Take the stairs. The elevator is convenient, but there’s a reason the Stairmaster is so popular.
- Swap your office chair for a Fitness ball. Doing so engages your core muscles.
- Take a stretching break. It’ll keep you moving. Plus being sedentary all day increases your risk for heart disease and being hunched over a desk can hurt your posture.
- Stand on one leg while cooking. You’ll strengthen your quads and hamstrings—but just be careful!
- Do a few sets of squats while watching TV. Stand in front of the couch, lower your hips until your butt grazes the seat and then return to standing. Repeat during the commercials.
- Walk the kids to school. It’s an easy way to log extra exercise for the whole family—plus, you get to spend more time with them!
What’s your favorite way to sneak in exercise? Tell us in the comments below.