Whether it's a spirited game of bowling, a discounted movie or free admission to museums, don't miss out on these great deals for the whole family.
Illustration by Nate Williams
- Barnes & Noble Summer Reading: A real page-turner: Kids earn a complimentary book after completing eight. Grades one through six
- Borders Double Dog Dare Summer Reading Challenge: Avoid the "summer slide" when children choose one free book (from a pre-selected group) after finishing 10. Kids 12 years old and younger
- TD Bank Summer Reading Program: Reading literally pays off when $10 is added to a new or existing Young Saver bank account if 10 books are completed. Children 18 and younger
- Half-Price Books FEED YOUR BRAIN Summer Reading Program: Kids collect a "$5 Back to School Bucks" reward when they read for at least 600 minutes between June 1 and July 31. Kids ages 14 and under
- Scholastic Summer Challenge: The competition's on—dare your kids to break the World Record of minutes read. Enter times online—where they can also play games and collect digital prizes like sample chapters and virtual badges.
- Many public libraries host free kid-friendly reading events.