Great Escapes (on the Cheap)
- Airlines' sales usually start on Monday and end by Thursday.
- The least expensive flights are on off-peak days: Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- The first flights on Saturday morning may be the cheapest.
- The costliest takeoffs tend to be Sunday afternoon (when leisure travelers fly home) and Monday morning (when business travelers head back to the office).
- If you are planning a long weekend away, consider flying out on Saturday and returning on Tuesday (highest fares are usually for Thursday through Sunday itineraries).
More Smart Savings