Expert: Manicurist-to-the-stars Deborah Lippmann, creator of the Deborah Lippmann Collection sold on HSN.
As long as you have the same color handy, you're good to go.
1. Pour a few drops of nail polish remover into a small bowl. Dab the pad of your index finger in remover, so skin is damp, not drenched.
2. Press finger directly onto chip, then lift. Let dry for 10 seconds.
3. With same finger, gently nudge polish forward toward edge of nail to smooth out ridge. Let dry 1 minute.
4. Remove brush from polish and gently dab a tiny bit of color right on top of the nick; let dry 1 minute.
5. If chip is still visible, apply one superthin layer of color to entire nail.
6. Seal edge by brushing over the tip. (This will prevent future chips.)
7. Wait one minute, then brush on topcoat. Let dry at least 5 minutes.