Rushing to Finish
If you hurry to get through your workout, you're not doing your body any favors. Many people rush through things they don't like, such as crunches.
The Right Way
The Wrong Way
- Lift and lower your head and chest together in a slow and controlled movement.
- Keep your fingers lightly on the sides of your head, with your elbows directly out to the sides, or cross your arms over your chest.
- Keep your feet flat on the ground the whole time, with your knees slightly bent.
- Lacing your fingers behind your head and pulling your neck forward with your hands.
- Going too fast.
- Not bending your knees (which helps support your back).