Free up cluttered kitchen cupboards by creating a storage area in a nearby hall closet with adjustable shelves.
- Transfer foods like rice, flour and sugar from bags or boxes into see-through canisters that won't leak or be knocked over easily.
- End needless hunting by grouping together ingredients like dried pasta and tomato sauce or teas and honey.
- Decant nuts and snacks into airtight containers that stack to maximize space.
- Canvas bins on the floor keep bulk purchases handy.
- Move fancy serving pieces (and anything else that you don't use frequently) to the topmost shelves.
- Pour pet food from oversize bags, which are prone to spills, into supersize bins.