Apple-Cheddar Pigs in a Blanket
- Makes: 48 servings
- Bake: 15 mins to 18 mins at 400°F
- Cool: 30 mins
- Serving Size: appetizers
puff pastry sheets (one 17.3 oz box)
strips (51/2 x 1-inch pieces)
sliced from an 8 oz. block of sharp cheddar cheese
fully cooked apple chicken sausage (from two 12 oz packages)
- On a floured surface, roll out 2 puff pastry sheets (one 17.3 oz box) to 13 x 9 inches; cut each sheet into 4 pieces.
- Slice an 8 oz block of sharp cheddar cheese lengthwise into 8 strips (51/2 x 1-inch pieces); place 1 strip on each puff pastry piece, along with a fully cooked apple chicken sausage (from two 12 oz packages).
- Brush edges with beaten egg, wrap pastry around cheese and sausage, and pinch edges and ends to enclose. Brush pastry with egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Slice each pastrywrapped sausage into 6 pieces; place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with grainy mustard.