Apricot-Glazed Pork Chops and Potato Pancakes
- cal. (kcal) 410
- Serving size: 6
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cool: 1 hr refrigerate
- Cook: 10 mins
- Broil: 7 mins
center-cut boneless pork chops (about 5 oz each)
Broccoli or broccoli rabe (optional)
- Heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dredge potato pancakes in flour and place on a plate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine jam and mustard. Set aside. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Place on prepared pan and broil 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes per side or until temperature reaches 145 degrees . Evenly spoon jam mixture over each chop and scatter almonds over top. Broil for 45 to 60 seconds, until nuts are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl around. Place potato pancakes in skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully turn over with a spatula and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve pork and potato pancakes with sauteed broccoli or broccoli rabe, if desired.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add 3 sliced garlic cloves and cook 1 minute. Add 1 large bunch rinsed broccoli cut into florets and season with 1/4 tsp salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.