Cocoa-Chile-Rubbed Steak and Sweet Potatoes
- cal. (kcal) 328
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Grill: sweet potatoes for 45 minutes; steak for 6 minutes
McCormick cocoa-chile blend
large sweet potatoes, about 10 ounces each, scrubbed
large red onion, chopped
flatiron or skirt steak
Lime wedges and chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cocoa-chile blend, cumin and garlic salt. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 1-inch slices. Brush cut sides with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon of the cocoa-chile mixture. Place 2 halves in foil and sprinkle about 3 tablespoons of the onion over each. Wrap tightly and place on the grill. Close lid and grill for 35 to 45 minutes or until tender.
- Brush steak with remaining oil. Rub remaining chile mixture over both sides of steak. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Slice the steak and serve with sweet potatoes, and lime wedges and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Cocoa-Chile-Rubbed Steak and Sweet PotatoesServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 328 cal., 15 g total fat (9 g sat. fat), 55 mg chol., 357 mg sodium, 23 g carb. (3 g fiber), 24 g pro.