Julie's Noodle Casserole
- cal. (kcal) 520
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 30 mins at °F
- Cook: 10 mins
whole-wheatwide noodles (such as ronzoni Healthy Harvest)
lean ground beef
refrigerated marinara sauce (such as buitoni)
2% cottage cheese
frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat a deep 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add noodles and cook 5 minutes. Drain.
- Crumble beef into empty pasta pot. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Remove from heat and stir in marinara sauce.
- In large bowl, combine noodles, cottage cheese, spinach, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, egg, scallions, salt and pepper.
- Transfer noodle mixture to prepared dish. Top with beef and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Information for Julie's Noodle CasseroleServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 520 cal., 18 g total fat (9 g sat. fat), 111 mg chol., 954 mg sodium, 53 g carb. (10 g fiber), 43 g pro.