Beer BBQ Chicken
- Makes: 8 servings
- Slow Cook: on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours
chicken breasts and thighs
Salt and ground black pepper
medium onions, cut into wedges
dark beer or ale
- In a large skillet, heat oil over mediumhigh heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in batches, brown chicken on both sides. Place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add onions.
- In a bowl, combine beer and barbecue sauce. Pour mixture over chicken and onions.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.