Braised Tuscan Beef
- cal. (kcal) 374
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Slow Cook: 6 hrs on HIGH or for 8 hrs on LOW
- Cook: 1 min
beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
can (14 1/2 oz) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
sprigs rosemary, plus more for garnish (optional)
can (15 oz) white beans, drained
- Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place beef in slow cooker and season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add tomatoes, mushrooms and rosemary.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Stir in beans during last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Spoon as much of the liquid as possible into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Blend 2 tsp cornstarch with 1 tbsp water. Stir into saucepan and cook 1 minute, until thickened; add back to slow cooker. Discard rosemary stems; season beef with 1/2 tsp more salt and garnish with additional rosemary, if using. Serve over cooked gnocchi.
Nutrition Information for Braised Tuscan BeefServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 374 cal., 17 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 108 mg chol., 742 mg sodium, 20 g carb. (4 g fiber), 34 g pro.