- cal. (kcal) 305
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 8 mins
- Microwave: 1 min
black beans, drained and rinsed
baby spinach, roughly chopped
large eggs plus 3 egg whites (see Note)
scallions, trimmed and sliced
fajita-size (or slightly larger) whole-wheat tortillas
shredded taco cheese blend
- Combine beans and salsa in a small saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until warm.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; set over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 3 minutes. Whisk eggs, egg whites, scallions, cilantro, chili powder and salt in a bowl.
- Once spinach is wilted, add egg mixture to skillet. Cook 3 minutes without stirring. Scramble and continue to cook and stir for 2 minutes until just set.
- Cover tortillas with a damp paper towel and microwave 1 minute. Spread onto a cutting board. Sprinkle equal amount of cheese in center of each tortilla. Divide bean-salsa mixture among tortillas and top with egg mixture. Fold short ends over filling and then continue to roll, burrito-style. Serve immediately.
- To lower cholesterol and fat levels, use 1 1/4 cups egg substitute in place of the eggs and egg whites.
Nutrition Information for Breakfast BurritosServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 305 cal., 11 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 154 mg chol., 761 mg sodium, 36 g carb. (7 g fiber), 17 g pro.