Pumpkin Baked Alaska
- cal. (kcal) 366
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Freeze: several hours or overnight
- Bake: 3 mins to 4 mins at 500°F
canned solid-pack pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
packed light-brown sugar
pumpkin pie spice
(1 pint each) vanilla ice cream, softened (Note, below)
almond-toffee bits OR: English toffee bits
(10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
pasteurized powdered egg whites (see Note)
- Line 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap with enough overhang to cover top. In large bowl, whisk pumpkin, sugar and pie spice. Stir in 1 pint softened ice cream. Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top. Freeze until ice cream is firm enough to put next layer on top, about 1 hour.
- In same bowl, stir together remaining ice cream and toffee bits. Spoon over top of pumpkin ice cream layer, smoothing top. Bring sides of plastic wrap over to cover top. Freeze several hours or overnight until firm.
- Cut cake horizontally in half. Save one piece for snacking. Place other on ovenproof serving platter or in shallow baking dish.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mix powdered whites and warm water. Let stand 2 minutes; stir to dissolve. Beat at high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in marshmallow until stiff peaks form.
- Remove pan from freezer; remove wrapped ice cream from pan. Fold sides of wrap back from top of ice cream; invert ice cream onto cake layer. Peel off wrap. With spatula, spread entire cake and ice cream with egg white mixture, sealing completely to platter and decoratively swirling.
- Bake on middle shelf in 500 degree F oven until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Information for Pumpkin Baked AlaskaServings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 366 cal., 16 g total fat (9 g sat. fat), 68 mg chol., 247 mg sodium, 50 g carb. (1 g fiber), 5 g pro.