Caramelized Shallot, Capicola and Fontina Frittata
- cal. (kcal) 336
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 10 mins at 350°F
- Cook: 10 mins
large shallots, finely sliced
capicola ham, sliced into ribbons
Fontina cheese, cut into cubes
Basil for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add capicola and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, pepper and nutmeg; stir in 4 oz of the cheese and pour into skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once after 2 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. Scatter remaining 2 oz cheese on top and bake an additional 5 minutes until frittata is set.
- To serve, gently slide frittata onto a serving plate and garnish with basil, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Caramelized Shallot, Capicola and Fontina FrittataServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 336 cal., 25 g total fat (13 g sat. fat), 383 mg chol., 638 mg sodium, 4 g carb. 23 g pro.