New York-Style Cheesecake
- cal. (kcal) 349
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: overnight
- Bake: 1 hr at 325°F
graham cracker boards (4 crackers each)
cream cheese, softened
- Heat oven to 325 degrees .
- Place graham crackers in large resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Transfer crumbs to small bowl and add sugar and salt. Stir in melted butter until all crumbs are evenly moistened. Transfer crumbs to 9-inch springform pan and press onto bottom and 1/2 inch up sides (step A, below). Place sheet of extra-wide heavy-duty foil on countertop; place pan in center and fold foil up around pan (step B).
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat on low speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in flour and vanilla. Pour filling into crust. Place cheesecake in large roasting pan and fill pan with enough hot water to come halfway up side of springform pan (step C).
- Bake cheesecake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Turn oven off, prop door open and let cool in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Refrigerate overnight. To serve, release and remove side of pan before slicing.
- Step A With your fingers, press crumb mixture into bottom and slightly up side of springform pan.
- Step B Fold heavy-duty foil around outside of pan to form a watertight seal.
- Step C Place cheesecake in large roasting pan; fill pan with hot water until it comes halfway up side of springform pan.
Nutrition Information for New York-Style CheesecakeServings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 349 cal., 25 g total fat (15 g sat. fat), 109 mg chol., 241 mg sodium, 26 g carb. 6 g pro.