Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- cal. (kcal) 415
Swap in an equal amount of cooked turkey for the rotisserie chicken.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 20 mins at 375°F then
- Bake: 5 mins at 400°F
can (19 oz)
mild enchilada sauce
shredded chicken (from a large rotisserie chicken), or 1 1/4lbs poached chicken breast
bag (8 oz)
shredded Mexican cheese blend
Neufchatel (1/3-less-fat-cream cheese)
Sliced fresh jalapeno peppers, fresh cilantro leaves and diced fresh tomato for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat one 4-quart or two 2-quart baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. If using 1 dish, spread 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce in bottom. If using 2 dishes, spread 3 tbsp of the enchilada sauce in bottom of each dish.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- Spread 2 tsp Neufchatel on a tortilla. Spoon 2 to 3 tbsp chicken mixture in a strip in center of tortilla. Roll up tightly to enclose filling; transfer to prepared dish(es). Repeat with remaining tortillas, cream cheese and chicken mixture to yield 16 enchiladas.
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, dividing evenly between dishes. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Increase temperature to 400 degrees and bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese begins to brown slightly. Garnish with jalapeno slices, cilantro
Nutrition Information for Cheesy Chicken EnchiladasServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 415 cal., 20 g total fat (10 g sat. fat), 77 mg chol., 930 mg sodium, 30 g carb. 25 g pro.