Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- cal. (kcal) 106
- Makes: 16 servings
- Yield: bruschetta
- Prep: 20 mins
- Grill: 3 mins
loaf (10 oz)
Italian bread, trimmed and cut into 16 pieces (each about 1/2 inch thick)
extra-virgin olive oil
basil leaves, chopped, plus small leaves, for garnish
freshly ground black pepper
cloves garlic, halved lengthwise
heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush bread slices on one side with 1 tbsp of the oil. Grill, oil side down, for 11/2 minutes. Brush with 1 tbsp oil and flip slices over. Grill another 11/2 minutes or until toasted and lightly marked. Transfer to a platter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, 1 tbsp of the chopped basil, the lemon zest and 1/4 tsp each of the salt and pepper.
- Rub cut side of a garlic clove half on 4 of the bread slices. Repeat with remaining garlic clove halves and remaining grilled bread.
- Gently toss cherry tomato slices with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, remaining chopped basil, remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and the lemon juice.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the ricotta mixture on each grilled bread slice. Top with a spoonful of the tomato mixture and garnish with basil leaves.
Nutrition Information for Cherry Tomato BruschettaServings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 106 cal., 5 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 8 mg chol., 191 mg sodium, 11 g carb. (1 g fiber), 4 g pro.