Asian Chicken Burger
- cal. (kcal) 513
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 18 mins
scallions, thinly sliced (including some of the green)
(8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
sweet-and-sour duck sauce (such as Asian or LaChoy brands)
shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and coarsely chopped
clove garlic, minced
chopped cilantro plus leafy ends of 4 sprigs
sesame seed buns, warmed
- Mix 2 tablespoons each sliced scallion and chopped chestnuts with the duck sauce in small bowl.
- Heat oil in medium-size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and remaining scallion. Stir-fry until mushrooms are tender and scallion is soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Gently combine ground chicken, mushroom mixture, remaining chestnuts, chopped cilantro and soy sauce in a bowl. Shape into 4 patties about 3/4 inch thick. Season tops with half the salt and pepper.
- Add patties to same skillet, seasoned side down. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for 9 minutes. Gently turn patties. Cook 8 to 9 minutes longer, or until they register 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Fill each bun with a burger. Top with sauce and cilantro sprig. Pass any extra sauce.
Nutrition Information for Asian Chicken BurgerServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 513 cal., 24 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 137 mg chol., 901 mg sodium, 50 g carb. (3 g fiber), 28 g pro.