- cal. (kcal) 571
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
ripe plum tomatoes (about 3/4 pound), cored, seeds squeezed out, and diced
fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
extra-virgin olive oil
chopped fresh basil
boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds total)
Additional basil for garnish, optional
- In a medium-size bowl, mix tomatoes, mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper and chopped basil for the Caprese salad. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve.
- Place flour on a large plate. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Spread the bread crumbs on another plate.
- Dip chicken first in the flour, then in the egg and finally into the bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Sprinkle both sides with the remaining salt and pepper. Place on a large plate.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Turn a few times, if necessary, to avoid burning.
- To serve, spoon an equal amount of Caprese salad over each piece of chicken. Garnish with additional basil and serve with garlic bread, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Chicken CapreseServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 571 cal., 31 g total fat (9 g sat. fat), 238 mg chol., 572 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (1 g fiber), 52 g pro.