Italian Panko "Fried" Chicken
- cal. (kcal) 392
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Bake: 25 mins at 450°F
Italian-style panko bread crumbs (such as Progresso) or 1 cup plain bread crumbs mixed with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
reduced-fat grated Parmesan cheese
boneless, skinless chicken breasts,about 6 ounces each
prepared marinara sauce, heated
French fries and cole slaw, optional
- Heat oven to 450 degrees . Place a rack on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together egg whites and mustard in a shallow dish. In a second dish, blend the panko and cheese. Place the flour in a third dish.
- Coat the chicken with the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the egg mixture and then coat well with the panko. Place on prepared rack.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes and turn over. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Run under broiler for 1 minute if you wish to lightly brown.
- Serve with heated marinara sauce. Accompany with cooked french fries and prepared cole slaw, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Italian Panko "Fried" ChickenServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 392 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 106 mg chol., 937 mg sodium, 31 g carb. (2 g fiber), 49 g pro.