Chipotle Baby Back Ribs
- cal. (kcal) 286
- Serving size: 8
- Prep: 15 mins
- Broil: 10 mins
- Slow Cook: on HIGH for 31/2 hours or LOW for 7 hours, plus 15 minutes on HIGH
pork loin back ribs or meaty pork spareribs
no-salt-added tomato sauce
bottled barbecue sauce
canned chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
tbsp cornstarch Shredded coleslaw mix and/or thinly sliced jalapenos (optional)
- Heat broiler. Cut ribs into 2-rib portions. Place ribs on unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat for about 10 minutes or until brown, turning once. Transfer ribs to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, barbecue sauce and chipotle chiles. Pour over ribs in cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 31/2 hours or LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- Transfer ribs to a serving platter, reserving cooking liquid. Cover ribs to keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tbsp cold water. Stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Top ribs with sauce. If desired, serve ribs over shredded coleslaw mix and/or thinly sliced jalapenos.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.