- Makes: 24 servings
- Microwave: 25 seconds
sweetened flake coconut
Lemon yellow gel food color
store-bought doughnut holes
can (16 oz)
white or yellow frosting
mini chocolate chips
Dot candies, orange slice candies or Mike & Ike candies
- Place coconut in a large resealable plastic bag. Add enough food color to tint to desired shade of yellow. Using bag, knead color into coconut until evenly distributed. Pour coconut into a shallow dish.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the frosting into a piping bag. Place remaining frosting (in can) in microwave and heat for 15 seconds. Stir until thin enough to coat doughnut holes, about the consistency of honey. Microwave 5 to 10 seconds more, if needed.
- Spear 1 doughnut hole on a fork. Dip in frosting to coat. Tap fork gently against frosting can until excess has dripped off.
- Push doughnut hole off fork into coconut. Gently roll to coat. Transfer to a parchment or wax paper-lined sheet. Repeat with all doughnut holes.
- Snip piping bag. Pipe frosting to affix chocolate chips for eyes. Cut candies into triangles to resemble beaks.