- Makes: 48 servings
- Yield: 4 dozen cookies
- Prep: 10 mins
- Chill: 30 mins
- Bake: 10 mins to 11 mins at 350°F
caramel-filled chocolate candies (such as Hershey's Caramel Kisses)
(2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
butterscotch-flavored sundae syrup (such as Smucker's)
packed dark-brown sugar
imitation butter flavoring
turbinado sugar (Sugar in the Raw)
- Unwrap candies. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter, butterscotch syrup, brown sugar, and flavoring in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well after each addition.
- Stir together flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Let dough rest, refrigerated, for 30 minutes. Shape 1 level tablespoonful of dough into 1-inch ball. Roll in turbinado sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 11 minutes per batch, or until set. Gently press an unwrapped candy piece in center of each cookie; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.