- cal. (kcal) 298
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: 4 hrs
- Bake: 14 mins at 350°F
Basic Sugar Cookie Dough
- To basic sugar cookie dough, add 1 tablespoon ground ginger,
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to flour mixture. Continue as directed. Halve dough and form into 2 disks. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- On lightly floured work surface, roll out one disk to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a large gingerbread cookie cutter, cut out 2 figures. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with a small cookie cutter and other half of dough. Gather scraps and refrigerate. Reroll to form total of 2 large and 14 small cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes. Make Royal Icing. Decorate with Royal Icing, candy and sugars as desired.
- Find Basic Sugar Cookie Dough and Royal Icing recipes by browsing our recipe collection in the search bar above.
Nutrition Information for Gingerbread FamilyServings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 298 cal., 11 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 50 mg chol., 65 mg sodium, 47 g carb. (1 g fiber), 4 g pro.