PB&J Linzer Stars
- cal. (kcal) 208
- Makes: 18 servings
- Yield: 18 filled cookies
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 11 mins at 350°F
16 1/2 -
refrigerated sugar cookie dough
smooth peanut butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place peanuts in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add cookie dough, flour and peanut butter. Pulse until dough is well combined, and cleans the inside of the bowl.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Wrap one part in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Roll the other half between two sheets of parchment or waxed paper to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Place on ungreased baking sheet; freeze for 5 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and peel off paper. Cut out star shapes with a 3 inch star cutter and place back on the baking sheet. Re-roll scraps and cut out more stars for a total of 18. If dough becomes too soft, place back in freezer for a few minutes. Bake for 11 minutes at 350 degrees F. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Roll out the remaining dough and cut out 18 stars as in steps 3 and 4. After placing on baking sheet, cut out center with a 1-inch star cutter. Bake and cool.
- Microwave the apricot preserves for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Spread 1 teaspoon of the preserves onto one side of each of the uncut cookies. Dust the cut-out cookies with the confectioners' sugar and place on preserve-topped cookies to form a sandwich. Press gently.
Nutrition Information for PB&J Linzer StarsServings Per Recipe: 18
PER SERVING: 208 cal., 10 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 8 mg chol., 143 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (1 g fiber), 3 g pro.