Corn and Ricotta Pasta
- cal. (kcal) 439
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Roast: 20 mins at 400°F
- Cook: 20 mins
tricolor cherry tomatoes
plus 2 tsp olive oil
ground black pepper
torn fresh basil
chopped white onion
fresh corn kernels
- Heat oven to 400 degrees .
- On a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, toss tomatoes with 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes, until lightly blistered. Toss hot tomatoes with 1/4 cup basil.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium-high; add onion. Cook 3 minutes, until starting to brown. Add corn and cook 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettucine and cook according to package instructions for al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup pasta water to corn and stir, scraping bottom of skillet. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Cool mixture slightly.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pot.
- Carefully puree corn mixture with reserved pasta water, ricotta and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Pour sauce over pasta and stir. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Spoon tomatoes over pasta, drizzle with any juices remaining in pan and top with 1/4 cup basil.
- For extra flavor and a bit of crunch, sprinkle crumbled cooked bacon over the Corn and Ricotta Pasta.
Nutrition Information for Corn and Ricotta PastaServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 439 cal., 9 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 339 mg sodium, 73 g carb. (6 g fiber, 9 g sugars), 17 g pro.