Irish Pots De Creme
- cal. (kcal) 138
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Chill: 3 hrs
- Bake: 35 mins at 325°F
Irish cream liqueur
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a medium-size bowl until the mixture is well blended. Heat the milk gently in a small saucepan just until it reaches simmering. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Whisk a small amount of the hot milk into the yolk mixture; then whisk the yolk mixture into the hot milk in the saucepan. Stir in the liqueur and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a 4-cup glass measure to remove any cooked pieces of egg.
- Pour the milk mixture into six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups, dividing the milk mixture equally among the ramekins. Sprinkle the tops of the custards evenly with the nutmeg.
- Place the ramekins in a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Place baking dish with ramekins on middle rack in oven. Carefully pour enough hot water, about 4 cups, into baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake pots de creme in water bath in 325 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until centers are just set. Remove baking dish from oven; remove ramekins from water bath to cooling racks. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 3 hours or overnight. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Information for Irish Pots De CremeServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 138 cal., 8 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 222 mg chol., 43 mg sodium, 12 g carb. 5 g pro.