Eggs Benedict with Roasted Peppers
- cal. (kcal) 341
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Broil: 3 mins
- Microwave: 2 mins
Knorr hollandaise sauce mix
slices turkey bacon (such as Butterball Thin & Crispy)
100-calorie English muffins, split
roasted red peppers, drained
Cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to broil. Pour water into a shallow saute pan to measure 1 inch deep. Add vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- In small saucepan, combine hollandaise mix, milk and butter. Cook, whisking over medium heat until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cover.
- Line a microwave-safe plate with paper towels. Add 4 slices of the turkey bacon and cover with a second layer of towels. Repeat layering. Microwave 2 minutes. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, crack an egg into a small bowl; slip egg into simmering water. Repeat with 3 more eggs. Cook 4 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with the 4 remaining eggs.
- Toast muffins under broiler for 3 minutes and then put both halves on a plate. Top muffin half with 1 slice of bacon, halved, a piece of roasted pepper, 1 egg and a spoonful of hollandaise sauce (refrigerate remaining sauce). Season with black pepper and serve.
Nutrition Information for Eggs Benedict with Roasted PeppersServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 341 cal., 16 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 446 mg chol., 827 mg sodium, 32 g carb. (6 g fiber), 21 g pro.