Grilled Peppers, Shrimp and Chorizo
- cal. (kcal) 139
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Grill: 28 mins
- Serving Size: 8 appetizer servings
olive oil, plus more for coating peppers
white wine vinegar
plus 1/8 tsp salt
large peeled and deveined shrimp
sweet peppers (combination of red, orange and yellow)
fully cooked chorizo sausages (3 oz each), split lengthwise
Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Toss 2 tsp of the vinaigrette with shrimp. Thread shrimp onto 2 skewers. Set aside remaining vinaigrette.
- Lightly coat peppers with oil. Grill on medium-high heat for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to cool slightly. Peel and discard skins (its okay to leave a little on). Quarter peeled peppers, discarding stems and cores. Toss with remaining vinaigrette.
- Grill the 4 chorizo halves 3 to 4 minutes per side. Slice into half-moons. Grill shrimp skewers 2 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Arrange pepper quarters on a large platter. Scatter chorizo and shrimp on top, and drizzle with any residual vinaigrette. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Grilled Peppers, Shrimp and ChorizoServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 139 cal., 9 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 56 mg chol., 295 mg sodium, 6 g carb. (2 g fiber), 9 g pro.