- cal. (kcal) 179
- Makes: 24 servings
- Yield: 24 filled sandwiches
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
- Bake: 11 mins at 350°F
pistachios, finely chopped
(1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
seedless raspberry jam
- Whisk together flour, pistachios and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mixture may look curdled. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. Divide dough in half; form into two disks. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Working with half of the dough at a time, roll out on a floured surface to 3/16-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch tree cutter, cut out cookies and place on prepared baking sheets. Using a drinking straw, cut out "ornaments" from half the cookies. Reroll scraps if necessary and repeat with remaining dough for a total of 48 cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 11 minutes or until cookies just begin to turn golden. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks and let cool.
- Dust half of the cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar. Spread 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam on each remaining cookie. Place cutout cookies on top of jam-topped cookies. Let stand at room temperature until set.
Nutrition Information for Linzer TreesServings Per Recipe: 24
PER SERVING: 179 cal., 10 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 35 mg chol., 31 mg sodium, 21 g carb. (1 g fiber), 3 g pro.