Loaded Breakfast Frittata
- cal. (kcal) 320
- Makes: 6 servings
thawed frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
olive oil (if needed)
thawed frozen spinach, squeezed dry
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup cheddar, salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon in a 10-inch nonstick oven-safe skillet over medium-high. Remove to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon. Pour off all but 2 tbsp bacon fat from skillet, reserving the excess.
- Add hash browns (before adding, squeeze tightly with a clean towel to remove as much moisture as possible). Cook 3 minutes, stirring, until browned. Pour 1 tbsp reserved bacon fat (or use oil if none remains) around perimeter of skillet, then stir in spinach, bacon and eggs. Cook 2 minutes and sprinkle with 1/4 cup more shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, until eggs are cooked. Use a knife or spatula to release frittata from sides and carefully slide onto a plate.
- Once cool, slice into 6 wedges, wrap each in plastic and place in a resealable plastic bag. To reheat, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Nutrition Information for Loaded Breakfast FrittataServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 320 cal., 25 g total fat 450 mg sodium, 10 g carb. (2 g fiber), 14 g pro.