Mixed Fruit Strudel
- cal. (kcal) 241
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 40 mins at 375°F
- Stand: 10 mins
- Microwave: 30 seconds
chopped mixed dried fruit
brandy or apple juice
Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and chopped
sheets phyllo dough
unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine mixed fruit and brandy or juice; microwave 30 seconds. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pear, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon and dried fruit with any remaining liquid.
- Unroll phyllo; cover with damp towel. Lay out one sheet and brush lightly with some of the butter. Place another sheet on top; brush with butter. Repeat layering eight more times.
- Spoon fruit mixture on long side of phyllo, 3 inches from edge, leaving 1 inch at either end. Fold both short ends over filling. Fold 3-inch-wide long strip over filling; roll up to enclose filling. Place, seam-side down, on rimmed baking sheet. Make eight slits in top. Brush strudel with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes, until nicely browned. Let cool on wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Keep strudel from splitting by rolling as you would a burrito and baking seam-side down.
Nutrition Information for Mixed Fruit StrudelServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 241 cal., 10 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 23 mg chol., 130 mg sodium, 32 g carb. (3 g fiber), 3 g pro.