New-Wave Surf and Turf with Avocado-Orange Salsa
- cal. (kcal) 509
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Marinate: 30 mins to 4 hrs
- Grill: 13 mins
- Stand: 5 mins
- In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, zest and cilantro. Divide marinade evenly between 2 large resealable plastic bags. Place steak in one bag, seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours. Thirty minutes before grilling, add tuna to second bag, reseal and refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, onion, jalapeno, orange juice, olive oil and garlic salt. Fold in oranges and cilantro. Place plastic wrap directly on surface; refrigerate 2 hours.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high or the coals in a charcoal grill to medium-hot. Lightly grease grates. Grill steaks 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once, for mediumrare. Remove to a platter and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing against the grain. Sprinkle with salt.
- Grill tuna 3 minutes, turn and grill an additional 2 minutes for medium-rare.
- Serve sliced steak and tuna with salsa.
Nutrition Information for New-Wave Surf and Turf with Avocado-Orange SalsaServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 509 cal., 27 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 91 mg chol., 227 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (7 g fiber), 52 g pro.