Pad Thai with Beef
- cal. (kcal) 450
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Soak: 10 mins
package rice noodles
lean ground beef
scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
cloves garlic, minced
fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving
mung bean sprouts
- Soak rice noodles in a bowl of lukewarm water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking apart with a spoon, 5 minutes. Pour into colander to drain.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add scallions and garlic. Saute 1 minute. Add soaked noodles, lime juice, fish sauce, vinegar and sugar. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Push noodle mixture to one side of skillet and crack eggs into skillet. Scramble eggs, cooking 1 minute. Fold eggs and reserved ground beef into noodle mixture. Add 1/3 cup of the bean sprouts and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until noodles are tender and beef is heated through. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water if mixture is too dry. Transfer to a serving platter and top with remaining 1/3 cup sprouts and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
- You can substitute ground turkey, chicken or even meatloaf mix for the ground beef in these recipes.
Nutrition Information for Pad Thai with BeefServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 450 cal., 17 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 174 mg chol., 800 mg sodium, 43 g carb. (2 g fiber), 31 g pro.