- cal. (kcal) 101
- Makes: 16 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 2 mins per batch
Butter, maple or pancake syrup, confectioners' sugar, for serving
- Heat a griddle or large pan to medium heat. Heat oven to warm (180 degrees F) and place a foil-lined baking sheet inside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice. Separate eggs and whisk egg yolks in small bowl with milk and oil.
- With an electric mixer, beat egg whites to stiff peaks, about 1 minute. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Fold in egg whites in two additions, until no white streaks remain.
- Using a ladle, drop 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter onto heated griddle. Repeat, spacing at least 1 inch apart. Cook 1 minute, or until bubbles in batter pop and remain open. Carefully flip pancakes and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Transfer to baking sheet in warm oven; repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm with butter and syrup or confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Perfect PancakesServings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 101 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 28 mg chol., 133 mg sodium, 12 g carb. 2 g pro.