Four Cheese with Bacon Mac
- cal. (kcal) 404
- Makes: 12 servings
- Yield: 10 cups
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Bake: 20 mins at 350°F
- Broil: 3 mins
(1 pound) cavatappi
2 percent milk
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
shredded colby-Jack cheese (4 ounces)
shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
Kraft Deli Deluxe American cheese (6 ounces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 3-quart broiler-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling.
- Cook cavatappi 8 minutes in boiling water, then drain. Meanwhile, in medium-size saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, 6 minutes. Transfer to paper towels. Carefully pour off drippings, returning 2 tablespoons to pan. Add butter.
- Whisk in flour until smooth. In a thin stream, whisk in milk. Stir in onion flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. In large bowl, toss together cheddar, colby-Jack and mozzarella.
- Remove milk mixture from heat; whisk in American cheese and 1-1/4 cups of the cheddar mixture. Toss bacon pieces with remaining shredded cheese.
- In pasta pot, combine cooked pasta and cheese sauce. Pour half into prepared dish. Sprinkle with a generous cup of the bacon-cheese mixture. Repeat layering.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil and broil 3 minutes, until top is lightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Information for Four Cheese with Bacon MacServings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 404 cal., 21 g total fat (11 g sat. fat), 63 mg chol., 616 mg sodium, 33 g carb. (2 g fiber), 20 g pro.