Lobster Over Linguine
- cal. (kcal) 393
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 8 mins plus 30 minutes
live lobsters, 1 1/2 pounds each (or 2 cups cooked lobster meat)
large onion, chopped
cloves garlic, minced + 2 cloves garlic, minced
red-pepper flakes + 1/8 teaspoon
dry red wine
(28 ounces) whole tomatoes
(1 pound) linguine
- In large pot with steamer insert, bring small amount of water to boiling. Add lobsters; steam 8 to 10 minutes or until shells are bright orange-red (lobsters will be slightly undercooked; theyre cooked more in step 5). Let lobsters cool slightly. Holding lobsters over large bowl or 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish to collect juices, remove meat from tails and claws; coarsely chop. Place meat in bowl. Reserve lobster juices and meat separately. (Can be made a day ahead; refrigerate.)
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes, until softened. Add 3 cloves minced garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes; saute 1 minute. Stir in wine. Increase heat to high; cook until most of wine cooks off, 3 minutes.
- To skillet, add reserved lobster juice and tomatoes with their liquid, crushing tomatoes with hands. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes, until reduced and slightly thickened. (Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.)
- Cook linguine following package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add 2 cloves garlic, minced, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper flakes; cook 1 minute. Add lobster meat and any accumulated juices from bowl; cook 1 minute. Add tomato sauce; cook 1 minute to heat through. Drain linguine; toss with sauce. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Information for Lobster Over LinguineServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 393 cal., 13 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 45 mg chol., 517 mg sodium, 52 g carb. (4 g fiber), 19 g pro.