- cal. (kcal) 250
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
pancetta or 8 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
large egg yolks
(5 ounces) freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, about 6 minutes. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the fat.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the skillet of pancetta and toss to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the egg yolks. Turn off the heat under the skillet, add the eggs and 1 cup of the cheese, and toss thoroughly to combine. Add the reserved pasta water as needed to thin the sauce to the desired consistency. Season with salt and a generous amount of black pepper.
- Serve immediately with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese sprinkled on top.
Nutrition Information for Spaghetti CarbonaraServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 250 cal., 17 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 174 mg chol., 801 mg sodium, 58 g carb. (2 g fiber), 25 g pro.