Peach Melba Ice Cream Cake
- cal. (kcal) 376
- Makes: 6 servings
- Yield: servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Freeze: overnight
- Stand: 10 mins
pkg (10 oz)
shortbread cookies (such as Lorna Doone), finely crushed
unsalted butter, melted
pkg (6 oz each)
raspberries (3 cups)
containers (14 oz each)
vanilla ice cream (such as Haagen-Dazs), softened slightly
fresh peaches, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
toasted sliced almonds
- Place crushed cookies in a large bowl; stir in butter until thoroughly combined. Press mixture into the bottom and partially up the side of a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Place raspberries, 2 tbsp of the sugar and the cornstarch in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a gentle simmer; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain and let cool.
- Stir 1/3 cup of the raspberry puree into softened ice cream and swirl. Spoon into springform pan and level off with a small spatula. Freeze overnight.
- Remove cake from freezer and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Toss peaches with remaining 1 tbsp sugar; fan over top. Wrap sides of pan in a warm damp towel. Run a spatula around sides; carefully remove side of pan.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and serve with remaining raspberry puree.
Nutrition Information for Peach Melba Ice Cream CakeServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 376 cal., 23 g total fat (12 g sat. fat), 89 mg chol., 136 mg sodium, 38 g carb. (2 g fiber), 6 g pro.