Apple & Nut Pie
- cal. (kcal) 455
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Bake: 1 hr 11 mins at °F 450/350
refrigerated ready-rolled piecrust (from a 2-crust, 15-ounce package)
packed light-brown sugar
cup (1 stick)
unsalted butter, softened
Granny Smith apples (about 1-1/2 pounds), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate. Prick with a fork and crimp edges. Bake at 450 degrees F for about 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of the brown sugar and the flour, butter and walnuts together until crumbly; set aside.
- Arrange half of the apple slices in crust. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of sugar on top. Add remaining apple slices and top with crumb mixture.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F and bake pie for 1 hour or until browned. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Apple & Nut PieServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 455 cal., 22 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 31 mg chol., 119 mg sodium, 65 g carb. (3 g fiber), 4 g pro.