Polynesian Pulled Pork
- Serving size: 8
- Slow Cook: 9 hrs on low
- Stand: 10 mins
red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
boneless pork butt (shoulder)
Salt and black pepper
bottle (10 oz) San-J sweet and tangy sauce
can (8 oz)
Heinz chili sauce
King's Hawaiian sweet buns, split
- Place peppers in a 5-quart slow cooker. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker on top of peppers, fat side up.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweet and tangy sauce, pineapple and chili sauce. Pour Simply satisfying slow cooker ideas from Sandra Lee over pork. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove pork and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Strain and de-fat cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, pull or chop pork.
- To serve, top buns with peppers, pork and sauce.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.