Pork with Cauliflower and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- cal. (kcal) 461
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Bake: 1 hr 20 mins at 425°F
- Rest: 10 mins
bone-in pork rib roast (about 3 1/4 lbs)
plus 1 tsp olive oil
cloves garlic, minced
chopped fresh rosemary
freshly ground black pepper
golden or white cauliflower florets
large sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs), halved lengthwise
- Heat oven to 425 degrees . Rub pork with 1 tsp oil, two-thirds of the garlic, 1 tsp rosemary, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Place on a sheet pan and roast 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss cauliflower with 1 tbsp oil, remaining garlic, 1 tsp rosemary and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully add cauliflower and sweet potatoes, cut side up. Roast 45 minutes, until pork reaches 130 degrees and veggies are tender. Rest pork for 10 minutes.
- Scoop flesh from potatoes; mash with milk and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Slice pork and serve with sweet potatoes and cauliflower.
- This recipe calls for a sheet pan that should measure around 18 x 13 inches with a 1-inch-high edge. We like the heavy nonstick pans made by OXO and USA Pan (about $25).
Nutrition Information for Pork with Cauliflower and Mashed Sweet PotatoesServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 461 cal., 21 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 781 mg sodium, 30 g carb. (6 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 38 g pro.