Pork Chops & Cheesy Potato Pancakes
- cal. (kcal) 489
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Freeze: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
prepared mashed potatoes
shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese blend
rib pork chops (about 6 ounces each)
prepared pesto with sun-dried tomatoes
- Heat broiler. Coat broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat prepared mashed potatoes following package directions. In a large bowl, stir together potatoes and shredded cheese blend. Form into 8 pancakes, about a scant 1/3 cup each. Place on a parchment or waxed paper lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 20 minutes or until pancakes are fairly firm.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of prepared pesto over the top of each chop. Broil for 5 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time. Turn chops over and spread 1 teaspoon of pesto over each. Broil an additional 4 to 5 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cooking time or until internal temperature reads 155 F. on an instant-read thermometer.
- While pork chops cook, heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Place chilled potato pancakes in skillet and cook about 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Remove to warm platter.
- Serve 2 potato pancakes with each chop.
- For a quick side dish, toss 1 pound cooked trimmed green beans with 1/4 cup prepared pesto. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information for Pork Chops & Cheesy Potato PancakesServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 489 cal., 28 g total fat (12 g sat. fat), 100 mg chol., 852 mg sodium, 29 g carb. (4 g fiber), 27 g pro.