Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Pork Roast
- cal. (kcal) 241
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Slow Cook: 6 hrs (low) or 3 hours (high)
fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced
boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), trimmed
Greek seasoning mix (such as McCormick)
plum tomatoes, chopped
plus 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
chopped black olives (optional)
- Place fennel in slow cooker bowl. Rub pork with 1 teaspoon of the Greek seasoning and place in bowl on top of fennel.
- Scatter tomatoes around pork. Pour 1/3 cup of the broth in bowl; top with 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Cook 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW.
- Blend remaining 2 tablespoons broth, the cornstarch and Worcestershire. Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain liquid from slow cooker into a small saucepan; place vegetables around pork.
- Bring liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in cornstarch mixture, remaining 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; cook 1 minute. Spoon sauce over pork. Sprinkle with olives, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Slow-Cooker Mediterranean Pork RoastServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 241 cal., 6 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 111 mg chol., 390 mg sodium, 8 g carb. (3 g fiber), 37 g pro.