Roasted Chicken and Greek-Style Potatoes
- cal. (kcal) 461
- Serving size: 8
- Prep: 15 mins
- Roast: 1 hr 10 mins at 425°F
fresh oregano leaves
whole chicken (about 4 lbs)
russet potatoes, cut into thin wedges
- Heat oven to 425 degrees .
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, parsley, oregano, 1/2 tsp of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the black pepper to blender; blend until combined. Liberally season chicken with half the mixture and place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Season with 1/8 tsp each of the salt and pepper. Roast at 425 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees .
- Meanwhile, toss potatoes with remaining olive oil and lemon mixture. Place on a baking sheet and roast with chicken for 40 to 45 minutes, until browned and forktender. Season with remaining 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken and serve with potatoes.