Salsa Verde Pork Ribs
- cal. (kcal) 336
- Makes: 8 servings
- Yield: servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Slow Cook: 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hours
- Broil: 4 minutes
jar (16 oz)
tomatillo salsa (such as Frontera)
red onion, diced
jalapenos, seeded and diced
cloves garlic, chopped
pork ribs, cut into 2 sections
Pepitas and chopped scallion, for garnish (optional)
- Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine tomatillo salsa, onion, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic and 1/2 tsp each of the salt and pepper.
- Season ribs with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, the coriander and cumin. Place in slow cooker; pour tomatillo mixture over top.
- Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Heat broiler to high. Cut ribs apart; place on a broiler pan and spoon some sauce over top. Broil 3 to 4 minutes, until browned and slightly crispy.
- Serve ribs garnished with pepitas and scallion, if using.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Information for Salsa Verde Pork RibsServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 336 cal., 24 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 99 mg chol., 666 mg sodium, 3 g carb. 27 g pro.