Sausage and Veggie Lasagna
- cal. (kcal) 487
- Serving size: 8
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 6 mins
- Slow Cook: on LOW for 4 hours
- Cool: 30 mins
chicken sausage, casings removed
pkg (8 oz)
large carrots, peeled and grated
zucchini (8 oz), trimmed and grated
jar (24 oz)
container (15 oz)
part-skim ricotta cheese
bag (7 oz)
2% shredded Italian cheese blend (such as Kraft)
fresh basil, chopped
traditional lasagna noodles (not no-boil)
- Line a 5-quart slow cooker with a slow cooker liner. Coat liner with nonstick cooking spray. Crumble sausage into a nonstick skillet and cook over medium to medium-high heat for 6 minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mushrooms, carrots, zucchini and 1 cup of the marinara sauce. Stir remaining sauce into the sausage.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, 1 cup of the shredded cheese and the basil.
- Begin layering: Break 3 noodles into thirds and spread on bottom of slow cooker. Top with half the vegetable mixture, spreading level, and 3 more noodles, broken into thirds. Spread noodles with sausage sauce and top with 3 more noodles, broken into thirds. Spread noodles with ricotta mixture and remaining 3 noodles (in thirds). Top noodles with remaining vegetable mixture and remaining shredded cheese. Cover and slow cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Remove crock insert from slow cooker and cool for 30 minutes. Uncover and use liner bag to lift lasagna from crock. Remove slow cooker liner and cut lasagna into pieces.