Lemony Flounder with Roasted Zucchini
- cal. (kcal) 188
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Roast: 20 mins at 450°F
- Cook: 14 mins
small zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
chopped fresh parsley
medium-size onion, chopped
cloves garlic, chopped
white wine or water
low-sodium vegetable broth
filets (about 1 pound) flounder, cut in half
orzo, prepared according to package directions (optional)
- Cover 2 large baking sheets with nonstick foil and place in oven. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Carefully spread zucchini slices in a single layer on prepared baking sheets. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano. Roast at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes or until tender, flipping slices halfway through.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, remaining 3 tablespoons parsley and remaining 1 teaspoon oregano to skillet and spritz with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Uncover and add lemon zest and garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute.
- Pour wine or water, vegetable broth and remaining lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons) into skillet. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add fish to skillet and cook, covered, for 5 to 8 minutes, until opaque, carefully flipping halfway through.
- Remove fish from skillet and pour some of the poaching liquid over orzo (if using). Serve orzo with fish and zucchini.
Nutrition Information for Lemony Flounder with Roasted ZucchiniServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 188 cal., 2 g total fat 54 mg chol., 311 mg sodium, 14 g carb. (3 g fiber), 24 g pro.