Teriyaki Salmon with Glazed Broccoli Salad
- cal. (kcal) 332
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 18 mins
- Broil: 8 mins
low-sodium teriyaki sauce
rice wine vinegar
scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
cloves garlic, minced
(1-1/2 pounds) broccoli cut into florets; stalks peeled and cut in 1/4-inch coins
filets (about 4 ounces each) salmon
- In small bowl, blend honey, teriyaki, vinegar, scallions and garlic; divide in half and set aside.
- Adjust top oven rack so that it is 6 inches from heating element and heat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; toast almonds for 6 minutes. Remove almonds; carefully wipe out skillet.
- Place 1/4 cup water in skillet; reduce heat to medium-low. Add broccoli and cook, covered, for 7 to 8 minutes or until bright green and tender.
- Place salmon on prepared baking sheet; brush with half of the reserved teriyaki mixture. Broil salmon 5 to 8 minutes or until top is browned and the interior temperature registers 120 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Stir cornstarch into remaining reserved teriyaki mixture and pour into skillet. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until sauce has reduced to a thick glaze. Stir in almonds and serve alongside salmon.
Nutrition Information for Teriyaki Salmon with Glazed Broccoli SaladServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 332 cal., 14 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 62 mg chol., 239 mg sodium, 25 g carb. (6 g fiber), 30 g pro.